- Fuel Cells for Aerospace/Unmanned Vehicle Applications
This presentation provided an overview of key features associated with the use of fuel cells for aerospace/unmanned vehicle applications. The technology is ideally suited to applications where weight, durability, and range are critical benchmarks. Fuel cell technology offers significant improvements in energy density over traditional battery based systems and improvements in reliability over internal combustion systems.
Hydrogen based fuel cells offer a viable way to extend range and duration. Fuel cell systems offer a number of advantages over incumbent power solutions for all types of unmanned vehicles, including:
- Greater reliability than small internal combustion engines (ICE);
- Lower total cost of ownership than small ICE;
- Lower noise signature than small ICE;
- Longer operating range than batteries– greater than 3x; and
- Lower weight than batteries.
Guest Speakers Included:
● William Smith, President & CEO, Infinity Fuel Cell & Hydrogen
● Paul Osenar, President & CEO, Protonex Technology Corporation
This webinar was a presentation of the Northeast Electrochemical Energy Storage Cluster (NEESC).
Click HERE to view the presentation