This webinar focused on fuel cell technology that is being used to provide both electricity and thermal energy for space heating/cooling and water heating at multi-unit residential structures. Multi-unit residential structures with 20 or more units represent approximately 8.6 percent of the housing stock in the United States. This webinar addressed the unique opportunities for building owners, designers, and builders of multi-unit residential structures and the use of fuel cell technology for energy assurance.
Participants learned about the key features and advantages of fuel cell technology, including:
- High electric efficiency 45 percent or greater;
- Overall efficiency of 85 to 93 percent;
- Low noise (quiet operation);
- Reduction of air pollution;
- High availability (approximately 98 percent) with 24/7 operation; and
- Classified as a renewable technology by some states.
- Jesse E. Hayes, PureCell Fuel Cell Product Manager, Doosan Fuel Cell
- Bruce R. Becker, President, Becker + Becker
Click HERE to view the presentation