- Trinity College to Install Fuel Cell Power Plant, Save 30% in Energy, Prep for Future Micro-grid August 7, 2017
Trinity College in Hartford, CT, is the latest institute of higher learning to ensure a steady and reliable source of power while saving on energy costs and reducing CO2. The college expects to save about 30 percent in energy costs per year with the installation of a 1.4 megawatt fuel cell power plant from FuelCell Energy. The combined heat and ...
- Doosan Corporation Completes Construction of Korea’s Largest Fuel Cell Production Facility August 7, 2017
On May 23, Doosan Corporation celebrated the completion of the construction of its new 10,744-square-meter fuel cell production facility at the second General Industrial Complex, Iksan-si, North Jeolla Province. The company invested about 40 billion won ($36 million) in building the facility. A fuel cell is an electrochemical device that converts hydrogen and oxygen into electricity and heat through a ...
- Nel acquires Proton OnSite to create world’s largest electrolyser company August 7, 2017
The Norway-based business entered into a non-binding term sheet to acquire the US-based hydrogen technology company. The acquisition is described as as “strong strategic fit”, with synergies related to sales and commercialization, product portfolio, research and development (R&D) and best practices across the combined company.
- Obama to attend the 2016 Hannover Messe trade show in April December 30, 2016
President Barack Obama will travel to Germany in late April to attend the trade show known as the Hannover Messe and to meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the White House said on Wednesday, December 30, 2015. Obama will discuss efforts to advance U.S.-European talks on a transatlantic trade pact during his visit.
- FuelCell Energy Expands Project Portfolio December 22, 2016 On December 13, 2016-FuelCell Energy announced the acquisition of an operating megawatt-class fuel cell project that generates in excess of 11 million kilowatt hours annually. The installation has been operating for approximately five years with the owner selling power and steam to Central Connecticut State University under a multi-year power purchase agreement. FuelCell Energy captures recurring and predictable monthly electricity ...
- Proton Onsite Awarded 13 Megawatt Electrolyzers December 22, 2016
On December 3, 2016 in Shanghai, China, Proton OnSite signed a contract with Guandong Synergy Hydrogen Power Technology Co., Ltd. to provide megawatt-scale Proton Exchange Membrane electrolyzers for the deployment of fuel cell-powered buses in the cities of Foshan and Yunfu, China. Three of the megawatt systems will ship this summer, and an additional ten systems are planned to ship ...
- NEESC Presents at the 1st International Forum on Hydrogen Energy December 1, 2016
On December 1, 2016, NEESC provided a virtual presentation at the 1st International Forum on Hydrogen Energy in Chungcheongnam-do Province in the Republic of Korea. NEESC shared information about the vision and strategies for supporting hydrogen and fuel cell development.
CLICK HERE to watch the Video
- PCI New Technology for Converting Solar Energy to Fuel Wins DOE SBIR Phase I Grant July 11, 2016
June 30,2016 Precision Combustion, Inc. (PCI) announced today that it has won a competitive Department of Energy (DOE) SBIR Phase I grant to develop a new material and technology for using solar energy to make fuel.
- Exxon Mobil Backs FuelCell Effort to Advance Carbon Capture Technology July 6, 2016
May 5, 2016 For years, FuelCell Energy has been considered a company to watch. Its technology promised to help economically reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants. In an agreement announced late April, Exxon Mobil said it had tightened an existing relationship with FuelCell in hopes of taking the technology from the lab to the market. The goal is to take carbon dioxide, after it ...
- Legrand Unveils 500kW Fuel Cell July 6, 2016
April 21, 2016 West Hartford manufacturer Legrand North America this week unveiled a 500-kilowatt Bloom Energy fuel cell that it says will power as much as 88 percent of its headquarters and manufacturing campus. The fuel cell is expected to lower the facility’s carbon emissions by as much as half and save Legrand up to $2.4 million over the next ...
- Plug Power Expands FM Logistic Deployment With New Purchase Order July 12, 2016
- PCI WINS DOE SBIR AWARD FOR NEW SYSTEM FOR REFORMING REFINERY GAS TO HYDROGEN July 12, 2016
- Hydrogen Europe Appoints New Board Members to Accelerate Deployment of Hydrogen Technologies in Europe July 1, 2016
- PCI NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR CONVERTING SOLAR ENERGY TO FUEL WINS DOE SBIR PHASE I GRANT June 30, 2016
- Sustainable Innovations Wins NASA Phase II SBIR Contract to Purify Scarce Helium Used in Rocket Launch Operations June 24, 2016
- Plug Power and HyGear Partner to Provide Reformer Technology to Global Fuel Cell Users June 8, 2016
- Ballard Subsidiary Protonex Receives $5.8M Follow-On Product Order For U.S. Army June 1, 2016
- ExxonMobil and FuelCell Energy, Inc. Pursue Novel Technology in Carbon Capture May 5, 2016
- Ballard’s Protonex Subsidiary Demonstrates UAV Propulsion System with Boeing Insitu April 25, 2016
- FuelCell Energy Closes $25 million Loan Facility April 18, 2016
- PCI AND UCONN TEAM WINS DOE GRANT TO DEVELOP A PREDICTIVE SPOUTED BED MODEL FOR CLEANER BIOMASS/COAL BOILERS April 7, 2016
- COSIA Partners Contract Pre-FEED for Oil Sands Fuel Cell Carbon Capture System February 18, 2016
- DetecTape™ Identifies New Leaks in the Hydrogen Industry January 13, 2016
- Business of Energy Storage Forum Connects OEMs and Suppliers October 30, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Announces Definitive Agreements With the U.S. Department of Energy for Previously Disclosed Award Selections October 5, 2015
- Plug Power and Praxair Showcase Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology to Congressman Chris Gibson September 22, 2015
- Plug Power CEO Attends Grand Opening of The Home Depot Distribution Center in Ohi September 18, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Achieves Another Industry Milestone With Four Billion Kilowatt Hours of Ultra-Clean Power Generation September 17, 2015
- CEC AWARDS CALSTART $3M GRANT FOR FUEL CELL SHUTTLE PROJECT September 16, 2015
- US Hybrid Powered AC Transit Bus Fleet Sets Fuel Cell Operation Durability Record September 2, 2015
- CAL State San Marcos Enlists Doosan Fuel Cells to Minimize Campus Water Use, Carbon Footprint and Reliance on Local Utilities September 2, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Progressing Scalable and Affordable Carbon Capture Solution With $23.7 Million Project September 1, 2015
- PCI AWARDED EPA SBIR PHASE I GRANT TO DEVELOP REGENERABLE DESIGNER NANOMATERIALS FOR IMPROVED AIR CLEANING September 1, 2015
- Proton OnSite Named Recipient of Marcum Tech Top 40 Award August 27, 2015
- DOOSAN HELPS NORCO COLLEGE REACH CLEAN ENERGY GOALS AND REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION WITH NEW FUEL CELL August 25, 2015
- DOOSAN, CT CENTER FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY PROVIDE HIGH SCHOOL ‘ENERGY AMBASSADORS’ August 13, 2015
- US HYBRID POWERED AC TRANSIT BUS FLEET SETS FUEL CELL OPERATION DURABILITY RECORD August 12, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Announces Additional Fuel Cell Sales to South Korean Partner and Highlights Asian Manufacturing August 10, 2015
- US HYBRID/HCATT OPERATED HAWAII HYDROGEN STATION COMPLETES SUCCESSFUL FILL FOR YOUNG BROTHERS FUEL CELL DOE DEMONSTRATION PROJECT August 6, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Announces Project Development Agreement With E.ON Connecting Energies GmbH and First European Megawatt Stationary Fuel Cell Power Plant Sale in Europe July 30, 2015
- Proton Onsite Awarded 13 Megawatt Electrolyzers December 22, 2016