- PCI New Technology for Converting Solar Energy to Fuel Wins DOE SBIR Phase I Grant July 11, 2016
June 30,2016 Precision Combustion, Inc. (PCI) announced today that it has won a competitive Department of Energy (DOE) SBIR Phase I grant to develop a new material and technology for using solar energy to make fuel.
- Exxon Mobil Backs FuelCell Effort to Advance Carbon Capture Technology July 6, 2016
May 5, 2016 For years, FuelCell Energy has been considered a company to watch. Its technology promised to help economically reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants. In an agreement announced late April, Exxon Mobil said it had tightened an existing relationship with FuelCell in hopes of taking the technology from the lab to the market. The goal is to take carbon dioxide, after it ...
- Legrand Unveils 500kW Fuel Cell July 6, 2016
April 21, 2016 West Hartford manufacturer Legrand North America this week unveiled a 500-kilowatt Bloom Energy fuel cell that it says will power as much as 88 percent of its headquarters and manufacturing campus. The fuel cell is expected to lower the facility’s carbon emissions by as much as half and save Legrand up to $2.4 million over the next ...
- US Battery Consortium Funds US $1M Recycling Development February 18, 2016
US Advanced Battery Consortium (USABC), a collaborative organization of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) North America, Ford and General Motors, has awarded a US $1M contract to Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in Massachusetts, for development of its lithium-ion battery recycling process to produce plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) battery cells made with recovered cathode material.
- New Milford Clean Energy Proposed by Massachusetts Company February 3, 2016
A Framingham, Mass., renewable energy company has its eye on 300 acres in New Milford. Ameresco wants to establish a solar array and a fuel-cell facility that would produce electric power to sell on the power grid and directly to the town.
- Plug Power Hosts New York Senator Charles E. Schumer at Manufacturing Facility to Perform Plug Power’s One Millionth GenFuel Refueling February 1, 2016
Plug Power Inc. hosted New York Senator Charles E. Schumer at the Plug Power headquarters where he performed the one millionth hydrogen refueling from a GenFuel dispenser into a GenDrive fuel cell unit. Senator Schumer spoke to Plug Power employees, reinforcing his continued support for hydrogen and fuel cell technology.
- Theme of the 2016 Hydrogen Student Design Contest Announced January 30, 2016
The Hydrogen Educations Foundation’s 2016 Hydrogen Student Design Contest will challenge undergraduate and graduate students to design a renewable hydrogen powered micro-grid capable of solely supporting a town or military base for approximately two (2) days, and be able to handle at least 10% of peak demand while the macro-grid is active. The system should utilize local resources to produce ...
- Anglo America Platinum Invests $4 Million into Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Value Chain January 29, 2016
Anglo American Platinum has announced that it is investing $4 million to help reduce the delivered costs of hydrogen and support the development of hydrogen refueling stations for fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) in the northeast corridor of the United States. The investment in United Hydrogen Group (UHG) is aimed at bolstering the demand for platinum, which is used in ...
- Energy Department Announces $1 Million H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition Finalist January 29, 2016
The Energy Department is announcing SimpleFuel as the finalist for the $1 million H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition. SimpleFuel plans to develop a home scale refueler that can provide a 1-kilogram fill to vehicles in 15 minutes at 700 bar using hydrogen produced via electrolysis, with a design that minimizes setback distances and reduces the physical footprint of the system. SimpleFuel ...
- Sustainable Innovations Featured in 2016 NASA Spinoff for Advanced Hydrogen Separation Technology January 28, 2016
Sustainable Innovations’ H2RENEW™ system was recently featured in NASA Spinoff, an annual publication that features a number of NASA technologies that have transformed into commercial products and services. The H2RENEW™ is an electrochemical system that efficiently separates and compresses hydrogen using Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) technology for many industrial applications, including hydrogen-helium separation, hydrogen compression, and hydrogen recycling.
- Plug Power Expands FM Logistic Deployment With New Purchase Order July 12, 2016
- Hydrogen Europe Appoints New Board Members to Accelerate Deployment of Hydrogen Technologies in Europe July 1, 2016
- PCI NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR CONVERTING SOLAR ENERGY TO FUEL WINS DOE SBIR PHASE I GRANT June 30, 2016
- Sustainable Innovations Wins NASA Phase II SBIR Contract to Purify Scarce Helium Used in Rocket Launch Operations June 24, 2016
- Plug Power and HyGear Partner to Provide Reformer Technology to Global Fuel Cell Users June 8, 2016
- Ballard Subsidiary Protonex Receives $5.8M Follow-On Product Order For U.S. Army June 1, 2016
- ExxonMobil and FuelCell Energy, Inc. Pursue Novel Technology in Carbon Capture May 5, 2016
- Ballard’s Protonex Subsidiary Demonstrates UAV Propulsion System with Boeing Insitu April 25, 2016
- FuelCell Energy Closes $25 million Loan Facility April 18, 2016
- PCI AND UCONN TEAM WINS DOE GRANT TO DEVELOP A PREDICTIVE SPOUTED BED MODEL FOR CLEANER BIOMASS/COAL BOILERS April 7, 2016
- DetecTape™ Identifies New Leaks in the Hydrogen Industry January 13, 2016
- Business of Energy Storage Forum Connects OEMs and Suppliers October 30, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Announces Definitive Agreements With the U.S. Department of Energy for Previously Disclosed Award Selections October 5, 2015
- Plug Power and Praxair Showcase Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology to Congressman Chris Gibson September 22, 2015
- Plug Power CEO Attends Grand Opening of The Home Depot Distribution Center in Ohi September 18, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Achieves Another Industry Milestone With Four Billion Kilowatt Hours of Ultra-Clean Power Generation September 17, 2015
- CEC AWARDS CALSTART $3M GRANT FOR FUEL CELL SHUTTLE PROJECT September 16, 2015
- US Hybrid Powered AC Transit Bus Fleet Sets Fuel Cell Operation Durability Record September 2, 2015
- CAL State San Marcos Enlists Doosan Fuel Cells to Minimize Campus Water Use, Carbon Footprint and Reliance on Local Utilities September 2, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Progressing Scalable and Affordable Carbon Capture Solution With $23.7 Million Project September 1, 2015
- PCI AWARDED EPA SBIR PHASE I GRANT TO DEVELOP REGENERABLE DESIGNER NANOMATERIALS FOR IMPROVED AIR CLEANING September 1, 2015
- Proton OnSite Named Recipient of Marcum Tech Top 40 Award August 27, 2015
- DOOSAN HELPS NORCO COLLEGE REACH CLEAN ENERGY GOALS AND REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION WITH NEW FUEL CELL August 25, 2015
- DOOSAN, CT CENTER FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY PROVIDE HIGH SCHOOL ‘ENERGY AMBASSADORS’ August 13, 2015
- US HYBRID POWERED AC TRANSIT BUS FLEET SETS FUEL CELL OPERATION DURABILITY RECORD August 12, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Announces Additional Fuel Cell Sales to South Korean Partner and Highlights Asian Manufacturing August 10, 2015
- US HYBRID/HCATT OPERATED HAWAII HYDROGEN STATION COMPLETES SUCCESSFUL FILL FOR YOUNG BROTHERS FUEL CELL DOE DEMONSTRATION PROJECT August 6, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Announces Project Development Agreement With E.ON Connecting Energies GmbH and First European Megawatt Stationary Fuel Cell Power Plant Sale in Europe July 30, 2015
- AMGRAPH PACKAGING, A LONGTIME ENVIRO ADVOCATE, CHOOSES DOOSAN AS FUEL CELL SUPPLIER. July 27, 2015
- FuelCell Energy Advancing Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Commercialization for Power Generation, Electrolysis and Hydrogen Production and Storage Applications July 16, 2015